Thursday, March 01, 2007

Back on the Mat

"It all starts with a thought."
- ZA

"Ultimately, human intentionality is the most powerful evolutionary force on this planet."
- George B. Leonard

I returned to the yoga studio three days ago. What was interesting to see was this: eventhough I have not practiced consistently for over 6 months, my body was more flexible and compliant to requests than it ever has been. I'd like to say that I went up and spoke to Max Cohen about this phenomenon, and we had a life altering discussion about how such things occur. Unfortunately I was able to go to Max's class, but I do have a pretty good idea why this yoga phenomenon occurred.

Over the past year I have spent a lot of time cleaning up my thoughts. With my last blog, I believe I stumbled onto a important relevation, and actually have been able to "live" the change. As I have let go of previously established thought patterns, insecurities, and negative energy, my mind and body have opened up.....It's either that or I am totally reading into this experience way too much, and am totally off base.

This brings me to another thing I'd like to talk about: the power of practice in conjunction with non-judgemental observation. I spoke to a person today about the CPA exam, and they made the comment, "Gosh, it just seems so hard." Yeah....but when you were a little kid learning to walk, you didn't think, "Gosh, this walking is so hard. Why even try?" Same with talking. I think as people get older they have the tendency to judge themselves in the face of feedback which isn't "right on."

Much of the time, I think that people--and when I say people I really should be saying "I"--forget that some of our greatest challenges were overcome by the age of 3. Honestly, the CPA exam is a challenge, but it can't be as hard as learning to walk or learning to talk. With practice and appropriate self-observation, all things really are possible.

Namaste

1 Comments:

Blogger Walter's Mom said...

Maybe your body was more open because you have become more open. Maybe your body was more flexible because you have become . . .
I am certain that you will do well on the CPA exam because you will be able to tap into all the lessons you have learned in the last year. You will be focused and maybe nervous but you will not be condemning yourself or tying yourself up in knots. You wil be able to access all the stuff you have learned and release it to the appropriate authorities.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home