Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Continuum

"Four laps to go. Four laps to define a place in this world. Four laps to justify an existence."
- taken from Gold in the Water by PH Mullen

"There is nothing good or bad, merely opportunities to learn. A victory or a loss is merely one moment in time. A victory disappears as soon as you cross the line. We are defined in terms of the dynamic summation of our lives. One moment can never summarize an individual."
- Dick Jochums as told to Gordon Byrn

Well, the past few days I have pretty much been out of commission. I made it to work each day last week with the exception of last Thursday. The marathon training is on hold until this Saturday morning where I will probably get in 6 to 10 miles. I'll make up for the training with heavy running next week when I am in San Francisco.

Anyway, I got into work at 6 AM today, got all my work done by 3:30 PM and had a few minutes to take a look at some of my favorite motivational material. I really liked the quotes at the top of the page. It's odd how some people can determine the succes of their life on a few moments, while others are hyper aware of how the world we operate in is a continuum.

That's all I got tonight. Tomorrow I will swim in the morning, get a big cup of coffee afterwards, then finish a project that I have in the works, then meet a friend of mine for dinner tomorrow. Should be a great day.

Namaste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home