Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Into the New Year

"We are what we believe we are."
- CS Lewis

I worked late tonight, but it felt good to work late. Today was my first day back in the saddle after 11 continuous days off. I put my head down and cranked. The kid has his swagger back.

Is it just me, but I've never understood why people kiss each other at midnight on New Year's Eve. Is that supposed to bring good fortune in the New Year? One thought I had right now as I was sipping Scotch is this: the moments before midnight are when one thing ends and another begins, and that uncertainty is scary. It kind of makes sense that you would want to close your eyes in this uncertain moment and hope that everything will be for the best. As far as I know, kissing someone is the best excuse for having your eyes closed.

For the time being, I really don't have a whole lot of resolutions. I have a 1/2 marathon to get ready for, plenty of work at the office to take care of, and a friend coming to town on Thursday night--who is going to buy me dinner in exchange for a ride from the airport. At the moment, my life is pretty hectic. I don't really have the time right now to look out on the horizon. I know what I need to work on right now. When those things are done, then I'll do some reimagination. As always, I will report on my thoughts when that moment comes.

More thoughts later.....

Namaste

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Zen_Accountant said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Zen_Accountant said...

of course I want to know.....

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Focus on the moment but keep an eye on the future. You'll get where you want to go.
Happy New Year!
MAD

4:22 PM  
Blogger Walter's Mom said...

Okay, you're starting slowly. This is a good way to begin 2008--a more mellow Michael. As I aleady told you,
Christmas with you, your sister, and
your mom was wonderful. The company was divine--we laughed, ate, slept,
worked out (just a little for me), went to lots of holiday events, ate some more, cooked, opened presents, and enjoyed hanging out. I can't wait until next year. Until then I have a half-marathon to finish. See you very soon.
Love, Aunt Shelly

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home