Monday, September 29, 2008

Gifts Under $5 USD

"Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness."
- Richard Bach, author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull

A few days ago my friend Amanda told me about how she and a group of her co-workers fight over who buys coffee each day during their coffee break. I am not sure if she was referencing a study or just an astute observation, but her comment to this is that most people get an inordinate about of joy over buying gifts for people that are $5 USD or less. I guess my subconscious picked up on this, and applied this to my life semi-inadvertently.

Last week one of my favorite co-workers was wearing a beautiful pressed shirt, but his collar was flopping around. I mentioned that I would bring him some collar stays last week, picked up some over the weekend using a coupon I had, and placed them on his laptop today. It was amazing how much of a kick I got out of giving someone a packet of collar stays, and how much they appreciated the small gift. On a go-forward basis, I am going to try to give out one small gift each week, and see what happens.

Namaste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home